3110 High St,Portsmouth,Virginia,23707-3427,United States of America
DaVita is seeking a Registered Nurse who is looking to give life in an outpatient dialysis center. You can make an exceptional difference in the lives of our patients and their families dealing with end-stage renal failure or chronic kidney disease.
If you haven't considered Nephrology before, read on as we think that you should. Dialysis Experience is NOT required. 12 Weeks of training provided!
Dialysis nursing at DaVita has so much to offer nurses, here are just a few of the benefits you can anticipate:
1. Flexible scheduling - Sundays OFF!! No call shift!!
2. Opportunities for career growth- Clinical Ladders advancement program and Internal Leadership training.
3. Our Nurse Residency Program and Tuition Support to continue your education.
4. Competitive pay, benefits and over 50 different nursing paths!
What you can expect:
- Long term patient relationships. Build meaningful relationship with patients and their family in an intimate outpatient setting.
- A team that feels and functions like a family. Staff RNs are a central part of a small interdisciplinary team of clinicians. Work alongside and support technicians, other nurses, dietitians, social workers, physicians and the center manager.
- Fun is one of our core values. Happier nurses = healthier patients.
- Specialized, complex care. RNs deliver care to patients who are often dealing with multiple co-morbidities which require unique treatment plans and the ability to leverage a broad range of nursing skills and knowledge.
- Fast paced. Our RNs oversee a group of patients (census dependent on state laws) with the support of PCTs to conduct patient observations, measuring stats and machine set up. You will work with your head, heart and hands each day.
- Schedule. Shifts are typically 10-12 hours, 3-4 days per week. Schedule times will vary by locations but most of our RNs work early morning or days shifts. Some holidays required.
- A clinical leader: DaVita has the highest percentage of facilities meeting or exceeding CMS's standards in the government's two key performance programs. We expect our nurses to commit to improving patient health through clinical goal setting and quality improvement initiatives.
What We'll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most: robust health care coverage, retirement planning and savings tools, opportunities for career development, and well-being resources.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time off, PTO cash out, DaVita-negotiated discounts on hundreds of items from your cell phone plan to movie tickets, Bright Horizons backup care, elder care and more.
- Paid training: DaVita offers all new teammates a robust, paid training program to help you gain the right dialysis skills. The training is a mix of classroom and hands on training.
- Opportunity for a nursing career for a lifetime. DaVita is committed to providing robust development and experience for nurses. Whether you chose to remain in a patient facing/caregiving role or grow (leadership operations, corporate functions, integrated care, clinical research), we can guide you on that journey.
- 3000+ locations across the U.S. for wherever life may take you.
Some details about this position:
- Training may take place in a facility or a training clinic with a class of new teammates other than your assigned home clinic
- You must be flexible on the final home clinic placement it may be in a different location; there is also the potential to float to various clinics during and after your training
- You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holiday
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice; Graduate Nurse pre-licensure available in some locations
- A desire to deliver care in an empathetic, compassionate way. You know, the way you'd want your own care to be
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
- Excellent communication skills to listen and communicate with patients and teammates
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N); three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
- You might also have (a.k.a. nice-to-haves):
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), Emergency Room (ER), or Medical Surgical (Med Surg) experience
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN)
Full vaccination against COVID-19 or a medical/religious exemption is required.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.